Tuesday, May 31, 2016

He cracked IAS at his seventh attempt

 
He failed to crack the UPSC, to be precise IAS, six times. But that
did not stop this Mysurian from giving a try for the seventh time and
finally his efforts paid off. He not only managed to wear the IAS cap,
but came out with flying colours - coming second in the state with
56th rank.

A resident of Mysuru, 29- year-old HS Srikanth, aM.Tech graduate,
received job offers from reputed companies who offered handsome
salaries, but he rejected all of them to realize his childhood dream
of cracking the UPSC. He qualified twice in the Mains but he was not
the one who could settle for anything less than IAS.



He says: ‘Since was my childhood I dreamt of becoming an IAS officer.
I never gave up. Instead I dedicated myself and took it as a
challenge. I was confident that I would clear the exams. There are
several opportunities to serve people in the administration sector and
bring change in lives of people, which provides immense satisfaction.
My goal is to provide a good administration and make people feel that
there is good governance,’  says Srikanth who was an average student
in his school days.



There is no shortcut to success. With hardwork anyone can achieve
success. No one should lose heart and always remmebr that failure and
success or part of life. I prepared for 6-8 hours for three years. I
took coaching for nine months in Delhi. My father has motivated me
lot. IAS officer P Manivanan is inspirational, says Srikanth who has
worked as project trainer at National Aerospace Laboratories.



A native of Nanjangud,  Srikanth completed schooling education in
Town. A decade ago they settled in Mysuru. His hobby is collection of
rare coins, foreign currency, stamps, diary writing. He has collected
more than 200 rare coins. Parents M Shantharaju, former assistant
director of Agriculture and T Sowbhagya said they are very proud of
their son and their enjoyment had no bounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment