Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ramdas attempts suicide


 Former Minister SA Ramdas tried to commit suicide, after a former government employee on Tuesday accused former Medical
minister and BJP leader SA Ramadas of ditching her after having a
physical relationship for over five years by promising to marry her.
She threatened to lodge a complaint if he disowns her in public. However, the woman did not give any proof to substantiate her claim.

The woman told reporters that she approached Ramdas around five years
ago for a transfer to Mysore from Tarikere, Chikmagalur where she was working as SDA in Revenue Department, and subsequently became
intimate.

The woman who is a widow and has two children said, "we got secretly
'married' when he accepted me as his wife by applying
vermillion (sindhura) on my forehead. I patiently waited all these
years for him to publicly announce our marriage. Every time I brought
this subject he cited political reasons and kept dodging the issue."

"Unable to bear the isolation any longer, I approached Ramdas again to
marry me. He said our relationship can't be made public in front of
society, but instead expressed his desire of continuing the
relationship unofficially as earlier."

"I got transferred to Mysore on deputation and was posted at the
Health Department. At the end of 2012, I was shifted to DCs office in
Mysore and within three months was transferred to Tumkur. The reason
for my transfer was Ramdas. I quit the job within a few days of
reporting to Tumkur and decided to stay with Ramdas that is when he
refused to acknowledge our relationship," she added. In 2009, Ramdas was parliamentary Secretary.

"I want Ramdas to accept me as his wife and I wish to lead a standard
life. He had promised me of living together till end of life, whereas
has failed to keep his words. My carrier, personnel life has been
spoiled. I lodge a complaint, if he opposes our relationship. Many of
his followers, our relatives knew about our relationship," she said.

When contacted, Ramdas denied all allegations and said that the woman
is blackmailing besides assassinating his character.
When asked he calling her over her mobile phone while she was talking
to press and threatening to commit suicide if she continues talk with
media, he did not give a direct reply and only said that he collected
her number from his office and contacted her. She claimed that she has video of her conversation with Ramdas and his visit to her house.

No comments:

Post a Comment